Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wind Waker Replay

Last week I managed to finish my replay of Wind Waker after not having played since it's original release in 2003. At first, there was a bit of rust, but I quickly found myself remembering what to do. In about 2 weeks or so, I had completed the game. And even though I passed it quickly, I had enjoyed it a bit more for both the nostalgia effect and having a greater appreciation for the story this time around.



This time around, I was using better battle tactics, solving puzzles quicker, and doing things I wouldn't have done in my original run. But then again, I was only 16 so I probably didn't think as critically as I do now. My battles now involved a lot of thievery via the grappling hook, as well as a wiser use of all my weapons. Back then, I used to just hack and slash, but now I was calculating my every move. Same goes for the dungeons. I was clearing out the puzzles a lot quicker, as well as finding an easier time with bosses.

For some reason, 2012 seems to be a year of gaming flashbacks for me. I have already cleared KH1, Chain of Memories, and Wind Waker. And I have done better now than then. Now I'm thinking of taking on the challenge of the Megaman X series (games 1-6) to see how it goes. Perhaps I should chronicle my journey as I tackle these older games. Who knows? Could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment