Saturday, March 31, 2012

Megaman X Series Challenge

Ever since starting my replay of the Megaman X series, I quickly realized why these games kicked so much ass. For one, they are extremely difficult platformers. Secondly, the strategy that goes into them. I entered my challenge with great rust.

I remembered most of the boss orders, but my timing with many of the games has been a bit off. I'm not doing as well with some bosses, taking longer on levels, and arriving to Sigma with a bigger weakness than usual. That just goes to show you how brutal these games can be if you're not prepared.



For someone who has never played these games, they might throw the controller at the screen before even getting to X2. And even veteran gamers like myself are still throwing the remote, but probably with more fury because we did better before.  Going back to these games with rust has added a new level of difficulty that's quite interesting.

But no matter how, I'm realizing how good these games will always be. Not many series will stand the test of time, but this series does. I'm still trying to finish any of the games on my replay, but I won't stop until I've finished them...so it might take me a while.

And I will be chronicling my challenge as it continues to transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment